Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Celebrate!

Another year has come and gone for me, and another month has passed for Aidan. He turned 16 months old on Friday, and I had my birthday on Saturday. We did a lot of different little celebrations over the weekend. Aunt Marsha, Aidan, and I went to the MN Arboretum to have lunch and take in all the glorious flowers. Although Aidan doesn't really "get it" yet, he enjoys going for walks, so it was one big walk for him. He thoroughly enjoyed his lunch of cheese pizza and fruit salad.

After lunch, getting ready to hit the trails at the Arboretum

My favorite flower of the day
"Prairie Sun" Rudbeckia (the yellow flowers)


We also had dinner with Grandpa and Grandma Finn. We got Leann Chin's (Chinese food) and 2 pies! Peach and Key Lime. Yum! Of course, I'm watching what I eat now that the wedding is only a week away, (gotta fit in that dress, you know) so I tasted everything without actually pigging out. Hard to do when it's your birthday!

Then on Saturday, Kyle and Aidan treated me like a queen. Kyle took care of Aidan all day long and I was free to do whatever I wanted. I got my hair cut in the morning, took a nap, and just did little stuff around the house all day. I wasn't really in the mood to go out that night, so Aidan went up to Grandpa and Grandma's house while Kyle and I got Olive Garden take-out and watched Season 4, Disc 1 of Weeds. I'm almost caught up! I think Season 5 is on TV right now, so I've got one more disc to go and then that will be it. I'll have to probably wait a few months for the Season 5 DVD to come out.

So there you have it, folks. I'm now 28. It's going to be another exciting year with lots of new adventures. New school, new job, a toddler entering the terrible two's...who knows what the next year will bring?!?

No comments: