Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Goin' To The Chapel...

This is it! Wedding Week has arrived and I'm slowly getting everything together that we need to haul down to IL for Kali's wedding this weekend. To say that I'm excited is an understatement! We've got Aidan's last ECFE class tomorrow morning and then we're hitting the road. Thursday should be moderately uneventful, but Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be a wedding bonanza. I tried on my dress last night; it still fits. Whew! In fact, the chest is a little bit looser than a few weeks ago. Hallelujah for double sided tape. A "Janet Jackson" moment in front of the congregation would be horrifying.

Aidan's tux pants are *almost* hemmed. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I pinned them up yesterday, then gave Aidan the thread to play with while I was getting the sewing machine set up. I turn around to get the thread from him and it's nowhere to be found. I searched high and low. I even stuck my hand down the registers (which are disgusting). Nada. I ended up just going out and buying more thread. Then, lo and behold, when I went to bed last night, there was the thread sitting serenely on top the covers. It had a few teeth marks in it, which means Roxie was the culprit. Arghh. Mission for today...get those pants hemmed.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Aren't the registers nasty?! Who knows what you will find in there. CND have a love affair with the registers and I have had to screw them down (and we have carpet). Sticking the length of my arm down a dark and foreign hole is not what I signed up for. Good luck!