Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 20, 2009

Old School

Do you remember back in the day when you had to "floss" your boyfriend's class ring so it would fit your finger? Yeah, that's what I sat and did last night. Granted, it was my husband's wedding ring and I wasn't painting the floss red or blue or some other garish color, but I still felt pretty silly. Kyle has lost so much weight that his ring flies off his finger whenever he moves his hand. He was going to get it sized for Valentine's Day, but since it's not gold they can't resize it. He still wants to lose another 20 lbs, so buying a ring now and then again several months from now doesn't make any sense. And that's how I ended up flossing Kyle's ring last night.

Aidan and I went to our first South Metro Moms & Tots group yesterday. There were 4 families there, all girls except for Aidan. Poor boy, I just can't find any males for him to play with! I'm sure he doesn't mind all that much. There were three 2 year olds in the group who are learning to share, which sounds like this: "MINE!" "NOOOOOO!!!" "MOMMY!!!" "MY DOLLY, MY DOLLY, MY DOLLY!!!" Um, not looking forward to the sharing phase.

1 comment:

Bellmont Business said...

In regards to the whole "flossing" thing, I went to an all girls school and had no idea that even existed. It may have been a bit controversial if we started havig to "floss" eachothers' rings at an all girls catholic convent!