Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mommy's Day Off

For the first time in 11 months, I was baby-free for almost 24 hours. Aidan had his first overnight at Grandpa and Grandma Finn's house on Monday night and then I celebrated Mardi Gras on Tuesday by indulging in a massage, facial, and pedicure at The Ivy in downtown Minneapolis. (my Christmas present from Mick and Michele) Ahhh...it was heaven. A huge thank you to Grandma Finn for spending the day with Aidan. I squashed the urge to call on Tuesday morning to see how the night had gone and if he was doing okay. After that it was smooth sailing. It's hard to think about anything when you're at the spa. I tried the spa's steam bath, then got out after 5 minutes because I felt like I was suffocating, but LOVED their Kohler shower. It had tons of different shower heads and felt wonderful.

After my treatments were done, I sat in their relaxation room sipping tea and tried to finish the book that I'm reading. (Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama) I just can't seem to read more than one or two chapters at a time before losing interest. The book is already overdue, but I feel like I should finish it. Unfortunately that didn't happen yesterday. It was getting close to rush hour and I didn't want to get stuck in traffic, so I slowly gathered up my stuff and headed home. It was a truly relaxing day.

No comments: