Our Family

Our Family

Monday, February 23, 2009

Grandpa and Nana's Visit

My mom and dad (Grandpa and Nana) came into town for a visit this weekend. It wasn't quite as hectic as usual, but we still packed a lot of activity into 2 1/2 days.

Friday night we went out for dinner. We had to stay close to home because it was snowing and quite slippery. After Aidan went to bed we cracked open a bottle of wine and played euchre. You may recall me saying in an earlier post that Kyle is always awful at euchre and I need to remember not to be his partner. Well, I remembered and partnered with my mom instead. Big mistake. Kyle ended up having all the great hands and my dad and Kyle won what might be the shortest euchre game ever.

Saturday morning my mom and I went to Toys 'R Us while Aidan was napping. It was the last day of their buy 1 get 1 free Fisher Price sale. I wanted to get him the Little People Farm...what I didn't know was that only the infant Fisher Price toys were on sale. I ended up getting him a pop-up toy and a toy that looks like a gumball machine, but has regular sized balls that make the toy light up when they wind their way through.
Saturday afternoon we went to Kyle's varsity hockey game. My parents had never been to a hockey game before. They were really interested and had lots of questions for Kyle. He, of course, was in heaven answering all of their questions. I tend to tune him out when he talks about hockey, so having people genuinely interested in what he had to say was probably a nice change of pace. :)

On Sunday, Nana, Aidan, and I went to the Mall of America to look for a dress for Kali's wedding. Aidan LOVES watching all the people, but tends to get fussy the minute he crosses the threshold of a store. I think he sees the racks of clothes and knows what's coming next...him sitting in his stroller, no one fawning over him, while we look for clothes. All in all he handled the outing pretty well. Nana found a dress at Nordstroms, so the trip was a success. We dropped Aidan off at home for a nap and then headed to the local mall so I could find a new pair of glasses. I've been waiting since Christmas to get a new pair, but needed my mom's discerning eye to tell me what looked good and what didn't. She is always honest with me, so I know I can trust her judgement. Besides, it's not like I'm looking at myself when I'm wearing the glasses. I wanted to make sure another person thought they looked good. I found a pair at LensCrafters that I think I'll go back to buy.

Grandpa and Nana are on their way back to IL with a truckload of baby stuff. I've run out of room (already) and need more space to store Aidan's too-small clothes, toys, and other necessities. Good thing Grandpa and Nana have a huge basement. We can't wait to see them again in about a month for Aidan's 1st birthday party!

1 comment:

Monty's Mayhem said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Wish Kyle and I could have been there :) We were too busy getting counseled about marriage...haha. We cant wait to see you in a month!