Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Poop

Why are kids so obsessed with poop? Half the words Aidan says I can't understand, or I can understand, but no one else can. Not the case with "poop". Ever since Aidan pooped in the bathtub he chants "No more poop" at some point during his bath. When I change his diaper he looks at me and asks "No more poop?" "All done poop." Seriously, we've been working on please and thank you for months now, which still just sound like "Peeeee" and thank you is only sounds in the rhythm of thank you. But, poop, well, no doubt about what he's saying with that word. I guess I should be thankful that he now realizes we don't poop in the bathtub, only in the potty or his diaper.

Baby #2 update:
I had my 37 week check-up on Friday and all looks fine. I'm about 1 cm dilated and they still think this baby will come around March 24. The nurse practitioner did a quick ultrasound to make sure the baby was head down. She is. This wasn't the exciting ultrasound where you get to see your baby and ooh and ahh. This was a little more of a freak show that may end up giving me nightmares about what my baby will look like. She's so squished in there, and the ultrasound was so low-tech, that all I could see were blackened eye sockets and her teeth. Yes, her teeth, in their gums. She looked like a skeleton that would pop out of a closet in a scary movie. Not really how you want to picture your unborn child.

2 comments:

Monty's Mayhem said...

Oh no! What a freky ultrasound! We have our 20 week on St. Pattys day...cant wait to find out the sex!

Laney said...

Oh, the stories I could tell you about poop. It passes, or so they say (no pun intended)...we are NOT QUITE there but are getting close, so I hope. I remember one of the last u/s I had of the boys and it was in 3/4D and I saw what they "looked" like and was totally worried that they were actually going to look like they did in the u/s...thank goodness, despite all the technological advances, some things are just better in plain ole real life!