Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Compare and Contrast

Now that my due date is only a week and a half away, I've been thinking about how this pregnancy has been different from Aidan's.

Similarities
For the majority of both pregnancies, I felt great
Both went by super-fast
My feet were swollen by the end

Differences
I was horrendously sick the first 14 weeks with this baby
I couldn't sleep through the night after January with Aidan, this time I don't wake up until around 4am
I have only gained 24 lbs (with Aidan I gained 35 lbs)
I'm still wearing my rings...with Aidan I couldn't after January
I couldn't wait to have Aidan, this time I praying I don't go before my due date
I have been having painful contractions that, according to the nurse on Friday, are doing nothing. (Boo to false labor!)

I have had 2 very easy pregnancies, in retrospect, and feel very blessed. (although I could have done without the morning sickness with this one) We still have not agreed on a name, although I have one that I like the best. This is my last week at school and I'm praying it goes smoothly. My sub is coming in on Wed, Thurs, and Fri to get to know the kids. They are VERY anxious (not in a good way) and I foresee some rude little kids toward the end of the week. If all goes according to my plan, I will have all of my paperwork finished this week, time for a pedicure and hair trim early next week, then a baby by the end of next week. Don't worry, I know I have no say in this whole thing. :)

No comments: