Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Party Animal

Aidan has been a party animal the past few weeks. Last weekend we helped his friend, Adelyn, celebrate turning 2, today we celebrated Jackson's 1st birthday, and tomorrow we're going up to Grandpa and Grandma Finn's house for a little Super Bowl action. All this birthday-partying begs the question, "What am I going to do for Aidan's birthday?" Um, not sure. We'll definitely go out for dinner on his actual birthday barring I'm not in the hospital having a baby. An actual party though...still up in the air about that one. The weekend before his birthday is right after my due date and the weekend after his birthday is Easter. I'm thinking if we have a party, we'll push it into April and do it at some other venue that I do not have to pre-clean or post-clean.

Aidan has had several mini-breakthroughs this week that have delighted me.

1) He has started calling himself "Aidan" and refers to himself often. "Aidan's chair", "Aidan's spoon", "Aidan happy" all while point to his belly or chest.

2) He wants to sit on the potty like a big boy, then flush it. (no, he doesn't actual go potty yet) A training toilet is on the Target list for tomorrow.

3) He is talking about events that happened weeks ago. i.e.-He points to the empty chair at the dinner table and says "Kali's chair". Yep, that's where Aunt Kali sat when they visited for Christmas. When I picked him up from daycare on Friday he asked me "Mommy's doctor?" Nope, we weren't going to Mommy's doctor (I had already been there before I picked him up) but since we had done that the week before, he thought we might go again.

Minus the screaming tantrums when he doesn't get to eat applesauce or waffles, he's a fun little guy to be around right now!

No comments: