Our Family

Our Family

Friday, August 26, 2011

What's that smell?

After enjoying KidStuff at the YMCA last week and reading a story called "What's that smell?", Aidan showed me the picture of a pig that he colored/painted.  He told me it was a "dirty pig".  When I asked why it was dirty...(with a look on his face that said I might just be the stupidest person in the world) "Uh, because I painted all over it."  Yep, that's my literal 3-year-old.  Fifty or more times a day now he is asking me "what's that smell?"  Thank you, YMCA, for tuning Aidan in to his sense of smell.  Let's work on a new skill now.

Another funny example of his super-literal mind...
We visited the zoo this week with our friends Stephanie, Addie, and Kate.  Aidan and Addie sat together to watch the bird show in the outdoor amphitheater.  When the trainer told everyone to "be on their toes, and on the lookout for flying birds" Aidan stood up and SHOUTED (in the silent amphitheater) "Addie, STAND UP, he said we need to be on our toes!" He proceeded to stand on his tiptoes and look around for flying birds.  Thankfully the people around us thought he was amusing; I was slightly embarrassed.

No comments: