Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Work

I had my first job when I was 14. Fifteen years later, I'm still hard at work, just getting paid more. I started a slow re-introduction to work yesterday by teaching the first part of an eight hour training session in my district. I must say, it felt nice. I love teaching, but because of my clientele during the school year, (kids with emotional and behavioral disorders) I get precious little time to do the "traditional" teaching of academics. Most of the time I'm just trying to teach them how to behave so they can sit in a class for 15 minutes without disrupting everyone. Teaching 25 interested and motivated adults was invigorating. So many of them came up to me when the session was over to tell me how useful the information was, that it was exactly what they'd hoped it would be. I wish my kids at school would say that!

The second half of the training is on Thursday morning, then the kids and I are headed down to Nana and Poppa's house for the weekend. Kali and Reese's baby shower is on Saturday, and Aidan has been counting the weeks until we go. "See Baby Reese, twoooooo weeks!" "See Nana and Poppa, onnnnne week." "See Kali and Reese, threeeee days, Tuesday, Wednesday, THURSDAY!" In case you couldn't tell by how I was writing, he drags out the time to convey his excitement. I'm not sure if he's more excited by the fact that we're going to see everyone, or that he gets to watch movies on the way down. He's been talking about both equally. :) I've mentally prepared myself for six hours of a screaming infant. I was proactive by scheduling a massage for the Wednesday after we get back. Just because I know the screaming is going to happen, doesn't mean I'm going to like it. My back is going to be all knotted up with tension and I'm going to want to scream. I'll just tell myself "deep breaths, deep breaths" and hope we can get there without me losing my mind. I'll let you know how that works...

No comments: