Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Name Game

A few weeks ago at swimming lessons, the instructor was going over pool/water safety tips. One that I hadn't thought of was teaching your child mommy and daddy's first names, in case they get lost and need to tell the lifeguard. I thought to myself, "Aidan's 2, he won't understand that we have first names, we're just "Mommy and Daddy". Then I got to thinking, with his impulsivity and lightning speed, it's probably not a bad idea to teach him our names.

I told him that mommy's first name was Courtney and Daddy's first name was Kyle. He thought it was hilarious! All week long he has been saying "Mommy's name Courtney, Daddy's name Kyle" and giggling his head off.

After putting him in his car seat and starting the car on Monday, I hear "Turn on the fan, Courtney." That's Mommy to you little mister! He's also been heard saying things like "Need to clean up, Kyle". It makes me laugh every time he uses our first names, which he does at really random time. I think he gets a kick out of it, too.


Daddy's shoes, a dinosaur sticker for using the potty, and a purple broom.
That's quite the outfit!

1 comment:

Monty's Mayhem said...

This post got me laughing out loud, only because I can see that little stinker getting a kick out of calling you by your first names! HAHA