Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Being a Mom

Happy Mother's Day to our moms, Theresa and Michele, and to all the other moms and moms-to-be out there reading the blog. As I write this, Kyle and Aidan are out getting me a "surprise". Is it a pony? Is it a boat? It could be anything! That's what I love about surprises.

Things I love about being a mom:
  • the weight of a sleeping child in my arms
  • when Aidan says "Yay-yah, Ok-ay" like a rapper
  • the concern/attention Aidan shows Aubrey
  • waking up and realizing I've been asleep (the kids have been asleep) for multiple hours in a row
  • "me" time...it is precious and not to be squandered
  • watching Aidan run around in the backyard, laughing hysterically at Roxie
  • talking to Aubrey when she looks me right in the eye, like we might just be having a conversation
  • playing pretend and watching Aidan's imagination bloom (did you know shopping carts can be motorcycles that you ride to grandma's house?)
  • singing any song where Aidan joins in, off-key and totally not making sense, but full of enthusiasm
  • getting contraptions that will make my life easier...the new stroller is here...curse the rain that meant we couldn't go outside to use it right away!
  • watching Kyle play with Aidan or hold Aubrey

No comments: