Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 30, 2010

1 Month Old





(Aidan wanted his picture taken too, of course)


Aubrey has been with us for 5 weeks now. Some days it feels like I had her yesterday. Other days it's like she's always been here. She is awake most of the morning now and is still sleeping/waking up to eat every 3-4 hours at night. Aidan enjoys her and has never been mean to her. Yesterday he kept calling her "pretty", which cracked me up. The minute she starts to fuss he'll either tell me that she is hungry, or will run to find her "nuke". (which also cracks me up because I think nuclear bomb every time he says that.) She's trying to smile when she looks at you...right now it's more of a half-smile though. She lifts one corner or her mouth and her eyes get a little twinkle in them. I know she can see farther too because she will track me when I'm moving around the room.

No doctor's appointment until 8 weeks, but she is definitely getting longer. Newborn size clothes are getting too snug in length, and of course she swims in the 0-3 month size. I think I've got another child who will need jeans with an adjustable waist band so I can shrink the waist while keeping the length.

3 comments:

Monty's Mayhem said...

These pictures are absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

Annie said...

She looks like Aidan. Two adorable children!

Soupy said...

sooooooo sweet (swooning) she is a clone of her brother, that is for sure! We'll have to GTG_ I have a meal for you + clothes to pick thru :)