Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Little Taste

I'm slowly transitioning Kyle (and Aidan) into their new schedule of life which will begin in 10 weeks. Last week I took a shopping trip up to The Shoppes at Arbor Lake and bought myself a new summer wardrobe. No worries, even though I spent a lot of money, it was money that I've been saving for two whole years (!) for this exact purpose. I left at 9am and didn't get back until after 5pm. That left Kyle and Aidan alone for an entire day. You might not think that is unusual, but it was the first time Kyle had cared for Aidan for that long. All went well and everyone was still alive and healthy when I returned home.

This morning was the first of many summer trainings that I'm signed up for through my school district. Today was a fun one, PhotoShop Elements 6. Kyle had a it a little rougher today than he did for my shopping trip. The training started at 8:30am which meant I needed to be getting ready and out the door while Aidan was getting up and eating breakfast. Hello stay-at-home-dad. Kyle had to be up at 7am when Aidan woke up, feed him breakfast, and then all the other stuff I do every day. Again, when I got home around noon, everyone was still alive and healthy. Aidan had even had a nap and a snack. I think Kyle is going to do just fine come the end of August. (he still has some more practice days though, just in case) :)

(By the way, from now if you see a picture of me on the blog and you think, "Wow, Courtney looks awesome!" it's probably because I PhotoShopped my head onto a supermodel's body.) Just kidding. Maybe.

No comments: