Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Status Quo

Now that the holidays are over we're back to our normal schedule. Not much happening in the Finn household this week. We've got lots of baby/kid related parties coming up. On Monday there is a baby shower for a co-worker who is having twin girls, on the 17th a birthday party for Adelyn, who is turning one, and a baby shower for my friend Krista on the 18th. I had so much fun looking at all the baby stuff again, remembering what I needed when Aidan was first born (easy access clothes, diapers, and wipes) and what I thought I needed but never really used (receiving blankets, we had WAY too many of them).

While perusing the baby aisles I decided to check out the baby food selection. Up to this point I've made almost all of Aidan's food. Now that it's time to start feeding him meats I'm a little grossed out by the thought of pureeing them. I bought 3 jars of "dinners"; spaghetti with meat sauce, macaroni and cheese, and chicken noodle dinner. They are horrifically disgusting. The mac and cheese tasted like paste and the chicken noodle dinner had absolutely no flavor. There's no way the spaghetti is going to taste any better. It's back to making Aidan's food, even if mashing up meat does gross me out.

While writing this post Kyle came home from his shopping trip to Kohls. I actually have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. He left with big visions of new slippers, dress shirts, underwear, socks, and t-shirts. He came home with one small bag. "What did you buy, it doesn't look like very much" I said. Kyle pulled out 2 packages of boxers, 2 packages of socks, a 1 package of t-shirts. "Guess how much this cost me," he said. I quick tried to tally up the most I could possibly imagine myself paying for the stuff and said $45. The correct answer was $68. According to Kyle all he could find were buy 2 get 1 free deals and nothing had price tags on it. This is where I started laughing and couldn't stop. Poor Kyle, who hates to shop, is given a gift card and thinks he is going to have an easy shopping trip because he knows exactly what he needs to buy. I wish I could have been there to see his face when he heard the total. He said he "took it like a man" and just handed over the gift card. His exact quote was "What was I supposed to do, say that I'm too cheap to buy this stuff with a gift card?" More laughing from me. Needless to say, his purchases will all be returned and I will help him find some cheaper clothing. No one needs boxers that cost $28 a package when you can buy Hanes for $8.

1 comment:

Bellmont Business said...

....and this is exactly why I do the shopping in the house! I totally know how you feel.