Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mid-Winter Check In

Hello?  Anyone still there?  The blog has taken a backseat to a busy life.  Don't worry, you haven't missed much.  Just lots of hockey, lots of school, and regular day-to-day stuff.  Now that the kids aren't changing at lightning speed, I don't have as much inspiration to write.  Here's an update anyway, just in case you were wondering.

Aidan:  He's a sponge.  Anything and everything that he can learn, he will.  He amazed me the other night on the way to hockey with his MN knowledge.  They had just talked that day about MN's "neighbors".  He told me every one of them and whether they were north, south, east, or west of MN.  I don't know if any of you saw the 60 Minutes episode about the people with the crazy memories...sometimes that reminds us of Aidan.  Example:  He asked Kyle last week if the Twins would be playing the Blue Jays again this year on opening day.  Um, what?  Aidan then explained to Kyle that the Twins were playing the Blue Jays last year at his birthday party, which was also opening day.  Like I said, crazy memory.  As I type this he is watching the Winter Olympics.  Anything that has to do with sports, he is into.

Aidan, center with the flag, skating with the Varsity hockey team during warm-ups


Aubrey:  Almost 4, but acts a whole lot older most days. (except for when she is throwing a tantrum, which seems to be quite often)  Her alphabet writing skills are quickly surpassing Aidan's.  I know girl's fine motor skills are better than boys when they are young, but seriously.  This girl has some nice penmanship.  Too bad people don't use paper and pencil anymore. : )   Aubrey still loves her dolls and dressing up.  She can spend an hour or two just singing to herself and her dolls.  I am so glad one of my children can entertain themselves.


Aubrey's sweet letter to Poppa.

Kyle:  Hockey. Hockey. and more Hockey.  Plus a little work, and add in a Master's in Accounting program.  This guy cannot have any down time in his life.  Always has to have an iron in the fire, so to speak.  The varsity team he helps coach has two regular season games left, then it's on to sections.

Courtney:  My life is everyone else's life.  I shuttle Aidan to hockey on Tues and Fri nights, squeeze in three workouts a week (thinking about adding a Pilates Reformer class...anyone tried it?), and plan between 6-8 lessons a day for my kiddos at school.  I know people may mock me for saying this when we've had an unprecedented five days off of school for the cold weather, but sheesh!, this is the busiest year I have ever had at school.  Non-stop action.

Here are a few catch-up pics, just for good measure.  Who knows what the kids will look like next time I have time to blog!

This kid could sled for hours if we let him.

Playing in the snow before the deep freeze set in

Christmas morning

Sweet?

Nope. This picture captures just how squirrel-y Aubrey can be.









No comments: