Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dear God

Aidan has had a lot of questions and comments about God lately.  He attended Sunday School last year, and we go to church (almost) every Sunday...not that he pays much attention, but he's picked up bits and pieces. Here are some examples:

While out on a walk in the neighborhood, we passed a tree stump that had been carved into some sort of sculpture.  I didn't even notice it, but Aidan was startled and said, "Mom, STOP! They've got JESUS(!) in their yard!!"  I had no idea what he was talking about and he started to get really upset with me that I couldn't see Jesus.  I finally understood that he thought the tree stump looked like Jesus. (I still don't see it.)

On a visit to our neighborhood playground, we found a lacrosse ball. (hard, white, rubber ball for those of you who have never seen one...like me, before we found it).  I told Aidan what it was and that we could bring it home.  As we were walking, he looks up and me and asks, "Did God drop this from the sky when he was dying?"  Um, what?  Instead of laughing, which I kind of wanted to do, I asked him what he meant.  "Well, Jesus died on the cross, and this is a "the cross" ball, so is it God's?"  After a discussion about LAcrosse and THE cross, he now understands that God did not magically drop it out of the sky. : )



No comments: