Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sassy Pants

Someone in the Finn household has decided she's the queen bee and wants to let everyone know it. Nope, it's not me, (I think we all know that I run the show) it's Aubrey. When I picked her up from the YMCA the other day, the staff described her as a "Sassafras". I took that to mean "bossy", and I was not offended in the slightest. The teacher had Aubrey pegged. She knows what she wants. In the case of the YMCA, Aubrey has decided that the play kitchen is her domain and no one else is allowed to come near it when she is in there. Apparently she was screeching and hollering every time another child so much as put a toe in the doorway. We're going to have to work on sharing.

In Aidan's world, he's into exaggerating his comments. Here are a few that made me smile this week:
"Thank you, Mama. Thank you VERY much."
"You are VERY welcome, Daddy."

"Auuuubbbbrrey, STOP WHINING. You are going to have to go to your crib if you don't stop." (perhaps he should take his own advice)

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Roxie" (this phrase is heard multiple times an hour, every day)

"I'm SO SAD, Mama." (me: Why are you sad?) "Because I didn't get to eat dessert"

1 comment:

Monty's Mayhem said...

I love Aidan's comment to Aurbey about going to her crib! :) hahaha